Good Luck Cellars
An Exceptional, Award-Winning Vineyard, Winery, and Events Center
$3,800,000 $3,495,000 — Huge Price Reduction of $305,000 Creates Superb Value & Buying Opportunity!
Calling all wine lovers and entrepreneurs! Don’t just dream of making your own mark in the wine industry—take advantage of this rare opportunity to own Good Luck Cellars (GLC)! GLC is nestled in the countryside very near the charming and picturesque town of Kilmarnock, on Virginia’s “Northern Neck”, the peninsula between the Potomac and Rappahannock rivers that stretches 100 miles southeast from Fredericksburg to the Chesapeake Bay.
This area is a very popular “four-season” weekend getaway for residents of large, nearby metropolitan areas such as the greater Washington DC Metro Area and the greater Richmond Metro Area, which together have a population of about 7.6 million people—and all within an easy 2 to 2 ½ hour drive of GLC. These areas tend to have high education and employment levels and a robust and growing economy, along with well compensated government, business, and medical professionals who have high levels of discretionary income and an affinity for visits to estate wineries such as GLC, to engage in the casual enjoyment of great estate wine in a scenic and relaxed setting—like that offered at Good Luck Cellars!
GLC and 12 other vineyards-wineries currently comprise the Chesapeake Bay Wine Region of Virginia—so, there is good synergy for those wishing to visit multiple wineries and GLC is also one of the nine Premier wineries which comprise the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail.
GLC is situated on a sprawling 135.8-acre estate, and this extraordinary property consists of two large adjacent parcels, making it a true gem in the heart of the Northern Neck—and the Chesapeake Bay Wine Region. There is ample undeveloped acreage on these parcels which provides the potential for other uses, and future development in a very desirable area.
- A total of 25 acres under vine, meticulously planted and well maintained with a desirable selection of varietals, including Vignoles, Vidal Blanc, Traminette, Seyval Blanc, Chardonel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc, and Chambourcin.
- The picturesque vineyard blocks provide a breathtaking backdrop for visitors looking to indulge in the finest GLC wines.
- GLC is proud to be home to 14 rescue dogs that patrol the vineyards, chasing away wildlife so their grapes have a chance to thrive & later become great GLC wine. Nearly all of their “dog squad” members were recruited from local animal shelters, are very happy at their work, and are well cared for.
Winery and Tasting Room Complex:
- The impressive 10,000 square foot winery and tasting room complex is a true masterpiece, featuring a well-appointed 2,000 square foot tasting room that exudes elegance and charm.
- Delight in the spacious banquet hall, perfect for hosting exquisite events and celebrations. With table seating for up to 225 guests and a 24’x8″ performance stage, this versatile space sets the stage for unforgettable experiences.
- The banquet facility boasts state-of-the-art audiovisual arrangements, stage lighting, and a viewing screen, making it the ideal venue for presentations and live music performances.
- Enjoy the wrap-around covered porch areas, offering panoramic views of the vineyard blocks—an idyllic setting for relaxing and savoring GLC’s exceptional wines.
- The elevated cupola area, capable of accommodating dinner seating for six, provides unobstructed views of the surrounding vineyards, immersing guests in the beauty and serenity of the property.
World-Class Wine Production Facility:
- The winemaking operations are housed in an underground cellar, 23 feet below the first floor, offering an efficient geothermal system supported by seven closed loop wells and 15,000 linear feet of buried heat transfer lines.
- Full HVAC service and control are provided for all three floors, ensuring optimal conditions for the winery cellar, main floor, and cupola.
- The sale includes all major components of the winemaking operation, such as large capacity geothermal tanks, wine storage barrels, other equipment like a fork lift, dumb-waiter, and 2-ton grape press, ensuring a seamless transition continuation of operations for new ownership.
- A charming on-site cottage residence, connected to the main winery tasting room via a breezeway, offers a 500 s/f convenient and comfortable retreat for owners or guests, with one bedroom, one bath, and a kitchen.
- GLC boasts numerous award-winning wines and over 80 medals since 2011, including THREE medals in 2023 alone—from the prestigious Virginia Governor’s Cup competition. The top three GLC wine medalists over the years are Chardonel, Chambourcin, and Inheritage.
- Virginia Living Best of Virginia 2022 & 2023 Award for “Best Winery” in Eastern Virginia Region.
- Outstanding review ratings on Google (4.8/5), Yelp (4.5/5), and TripAdvisor (4.5/5) showcase the exceptional quality and unforgettable experiences that await visitors at Good Luck Cellars.
Offering Summary: This multifaceted and unique property with 135+ acres showcases a well-established 25 acre vineyard with desirable varietals, a high-capacity winery, and award-winning wines—along with fabulous facilities not just for wine tasting, but also for the extended casual enjoyment of outstanding GLC wines in many inviting and relaxed settings with beautiful views—and great capabilities to host weddings, receptions, and other special events. The offering is intended to be virtually turn-key and includes all business-related vineyard and winery equipment along with all other business-related furnishings, fixtures and equipment. The Asking Price is exclusive of wine inventory—which is available separately and priced at a cost of goods valuation.
Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity to own a turnkey vineyard, winery, and events center in one of Virginia’s most sought-after wine regions. Escape the ordinary and embark on your own journey to success with GLC—so please contact us today to take the next steps in discovering the endless possibilities that await at Good Luck Cellars!
ASKING PRICE: $3,800,000 $3,495,000 (Exclusive of Wine Inventory)
Agent Contacts for More Information:
Rick Walden Cell: 434-981-5923 Email: email@example.com
Tyler Williams Cell: 703-850-4914 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org